PFF Group are a well-established medium-sized manufacturing company that currently have two sites based in Keighley (Head office) and a second site based in Washington. A position has become available for a Site Quality Manager at the Washington site.
This autonomous position will be a challenging multi-faceted role requiring a person who can adapt and be flexible in managing their duties.
The suitable candidate should be dynamic, self-driven, results-orientated, and above all have a positive ‘can do’ attitude with a clear focus on delivering good quality products the first time. We are looking for a detail-orientated individual who will ensure the manufacturing production processes meet the quality standards required by each of our customers and we comply with company procedures. You should be able to read/write and communicate in English as all reports, company policies, and procedures are communicated in English.
Please send a covering letter and CV to: Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org and Andrew.email@example.com
Closing date 21st May 2021, 5.00pm
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and direct a team of quality coordinators and auditors, who are responsible for enforcing good manufacturing practices and quality standards, to meet product safety and quality requirements.
• Responsible for compliance with the BRCGS programme for food packaging suppliers, ensuring compliance to current issues published by BRCGS, and communicating to all departments.
• Ensure the HARM/HACCP process is maintained and required auditors are trained. Act as HARM team leader.
• Amend procedures when required and ensure these are communicated.
• Manage, communicate, and implement training where required, as a result of changes to the company procedures.
• Communicate with suppliers to ensure approval for supply and appropriate documentation received.
• Police and enforce PPE, workwear, hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and general housekeeping
• Carry out internal audits in compliance with company procedures (e.g Glass, sharps, GMP, Traceability), and ensure actions are carried out by relevant departments.
• Keep up-to-date with changes in legislation and amend and communicate all relevant policies/information.
• Ensure the goods inwards sample testing on raw materials and finished products is carried out and any issues are raised with the site General Manager and appropriate internal departments.
• Communicate with customers and relevant departments and managers regarding customer complaints and issues.
• Support root cause analysis investigations and associated activities during corrective and preventative actions in relation to quality-related product issues both internal or external and compliance audits. This is achieved through collaboration with all relevant department managers/supervisors.
• Record, analyse and report all statistical information including but not limited to – raw materials testing results, cleaning, internal NCR’s, customer complaints, audit results.
• Support general Manager with implementation of best practice quality systems.
• Identify opportunities for improving quality/performance and communicate to relevant Manager.
• Co-ordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers.
• Visit customers to provide support when required and communicate appropriate information.
• Support in the transition and implementation to ISO standards.
• At least 5 years experience as quality assurance Supervisor / Manager.
• A good knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Knowledge/participation of the BRCGS accreditation in Food / Food Packaging.
• In-depth knowledge in the use of quality control procedures.
• Ability to devise, implement and review product and process specifications.
• Proficient in IT skills (Microsoft Office applications).
• Ability to work under pressure in an extremely fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to forever changing organisational and operational needs and the ability to lead others through the
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Good attention to detail and ability to create/amend policies and procedures as well as communicate these to all levels of the business.
• Quality qualification an advantage as well as HACCP and Auditing certification.
Salary £28,000 – £30,000 depending upon experience and qualifications
Holidays 25 plus Bank holidays
Benefits Auto-enrolment Royal London Pension after 3 months (5% employee & 3% employer)
After 6 months- Life Assurance 2 x Basic salary & Healthshield plan covering dental, optical, physio
Please forward your covering letter and CV to Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org and Andrew.email@example.com